- PML-N, PPPP refuses senate’s early elections, PTI, MQM at same page.
- “PTI Government has to go home, no matter what they do”, said Maryam Nawaz.
- “Princess (Maryam Nawaz) uttered the bundle of lies”, said Firdous Ashiq Awan, Minister Information and Broadcasting.
- “If Supreme Court permits, the election would be held by the raise of hands, it will eliminate the rigging and dirty business of selling votes” said Sheikh Rasheed.
- “Members parliament has to cast multiple votes, it cannot be done with show of hand. The option of ballet papers should be considered”, said Attorney General.
Islamabad: Pakistan Senate’s early election’s dispute had sparked to the maximum level. Pakistan Muslim League-N PML-N and Pakistan People’s Party Parliamentarian PPPP had refused the early elections. However, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf PTI and Mutteheda Qaumi Movement MQM are at same page.
A delegation from MQM met Premier Imran Khan the other day, where the members of MQM assured their full support in senate elections to PM Imran Khan. Federal Ministers Asad Umer, Ali Zaidi, Ameen ul Haq, Governor Sindh Imran Ismael and Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui were also present in the meeting.
On the other hand, Attorney General of Pakistan Khalid Javed Khan said, “members have to cast multiple votes and it cannot be done with show of hands, the option of ballet paper should be considered”.
“PTI Government has to go home, no matter what they do. If you will be conducting elections, will we be sitting in our homes? If government will try to conduct early senate elections we will go to Supreme Court. Why didn’t they do the show of hands at the time of Sadiq Sanjrani?”, said Maryam Nawaz in a press conference in Jaati Umrah.
“A constitutional amendment would be required in order to conduct the elections by the show of hands”, said Raza Rabbani.