LAHORE: A plaza located on the Gulberg Main Boulevard, caught fire on Sunday morning due to a short electrical circuit.
According to rescue officials, the fire broke out in a second-floor plaza store – the Hafeez Center, where laptops, cellphones and other electronic items were sold – and spread to the fourth floor. Firefighters were called shortly after the blaze, at around 6am.
To date, no health losses have been reported but millions of electrical appliances are said to have been damaged by fire.
Twelve firefighters and 30 firefighters were called to the area to put out the blaze. Reports from the ground say eight firefighters have run out of water.
Authorities have called for more firefighters in the area due to the size of the fire.
People on the fourth floor of the area are trapped and efforts are underway to evacuate them, officials added.